Tuesday, February 10, 2004

So There!

This is why my cat Simon is cool: I can point to a bug and he will eat it. Today's taste treat was a really leggy spider in the bathroom. There's still one leg stuck to the floor as proof of the spider's former state of being, but it's sort of crumpled and I'd have to point it out to you. In my other apartment he found something especially nasty that had so many legs that it looked like a clump of hay. Yes, he ate it. Please do not draw any conclusions about my housekeeping skills from the fact that I have had these gross bugs visit or that I didn't bother to wipe up the spider leg.

I hope he finds whatever bit me in my sleep. And dammit, shut UP about the housekeeping.

/DROOL MODE ON/ On a different note, I woke up early (!!) today just to watch the L Word. Finally, hot lesbians. I tend to want to call the show "Straight Girls Kissing," but as Jenna pointed out, "at least they're straight girls who aren't afraid to kiss other girls." Good point.

Found a magazine in Borders today with a long-lost Kate Bush interview from the late 80s, complete with probably the most delicious picture of her that I've seen. Please, someone, get me one of those for Christmas. /DROOL MODE OFF/

And a special thanks to the girls of Middlebury College who almost made me rethink the whole gay thing. Were 18-21 y/o girls that fucking annoying when I was that age? And that's not to say that I'd be straight if not gay. I'm just going to be a equal opportunity disliker (EOD) for a while. Women mentioned in drool mode are exempt from my EOD mood, as they are unattainable anyway, but at least they seem to have grown up into people in whom I might be able to take an interest at some point EVER. "Kooky"-dressing, fuzzy-hat-indoors-wearing, hippy-wannabe-trust-fund-brats be gone!

And now for sleep.

No comments: