Tuesday, February 17, 2004

The Twain Have Met

My friend Chris and I finally like the same band. We both like chick rock, but I require that they be able to play their instruments (sorry, dude), so that leaves a lot of them out in the cold as far as I'm concerned (anyone see the Donnas on SNL - oh, the horrors). But now we both like the Guano Apes. Well, yeah, because they rock. Not really chick rock (only singer Sandra Nasic is female), they're hard without being non-melodic, thrashing w/o screaming like death rock, but then also sonic and spacey in parts...just tasty. I'm still having issues with their name though. I mean...come on. I'm getting to the point where I have to almost roll my eyes along with my answer when someone asks what I listen to, because I have to say "Guano Apes," Amon Düül II," "Hawkwind," or something similar. Even "Kate Bush" is sorta funny. ;)

Got the "Lawfully" episode of the L Word last night. Where's my Marina?

I just got called out for dancing in my chair at my desk. I'm "such a white girl," apparently, and Steve expects to "hear that song next week on Smallville." For the record, it was "Quietly," by the GA. I still have fond memories of the day I was really rocking out and looked up to see EVERYONE staring at me. Good times.

And now for reviewing and sending files.

No comments: